Note: This is applicable to the Ultimaker S5 and Ultimaker S3 feeder. These printers have 2 feeders, which are mirror images of one another. Pictured below is Feeder 1.
- 2mm hex head screwdriver
Removing the Feeder from the Back Panel
1. First, you'll want to unseat the bowden tube from the feeder. It's held in place by a white horseshoe shaped clip, and a white collet. Slide the horseshoe shaped clip out sideways. Then, push down on the white collet while pulling up on the bowden tube.
2. The Ultimaker S5 and Ultimaker S3 feeders are held in place by 1 screw at the top of the white feeder housing, and 1 at the bottom. These screws screw into a threaded nut embedded in the back panel. Use your 2mm hex head screwdriver to unscrew these 2 screws, and lift the feeder away. Set these 2 screws aside.
3. You will notice that a cable is connected to the feeder. This is your flow sensor cable. Carefully unplug it from the board on the inside of your feeder.
Installing Your New Feeder
1. Plug your flow sensor cable into the board on your feeder.
2. Screw the screws back into position at the top and bottom of the feeder. Make sure the feeder is flush with the back panel.
3. Push the bowden tube back into the collet at the top of the feeder, then slide the white horseshoe shaped clip into position underneath the collet. This will lock the bowden tube in place.