Both warranty and non-warranty repairs on Ultimaker printers can be performed at our facility in Memphis, TN. Below are details regarding the repair policies for Warranty Repair, and Non-Warranty Repair.
If your Ultimaker printer is less than one year old, you qualify for repair work and/or replacement parts under warranty for issues due to malfunctions and defective parts. Warranty does not cover any issues related to after-market parts. The Ultimaker Original, the Ultimaker Original +, and the Heated Bed Upgrade Kit are sold as kits and have a more stringent list of warranty exemptions. Problems due to incorrect assembly on kits are not covered. Please see the Ultimaker warranty policy for complete details. In order to send your printer in, you must have been in contact with Ultimaker North America's Support team, and the technicians must determine that the printer is eligible to come in for repair. You can reach the Ultimaker North American Support team by submitting a ticket, email, Live Chat or phone (1-888-229-9046).
A technician will walk you through basic troubleshooting for your issue through the support system. If we decide that further investigation can best be conducted with the resources of a skilled technician in our facility, we will send you a label.
Your printer will be shipped to our facility via FedEx Ground. You will be given instructions on how to properly re-pack your Ultimaker in its original box. Printers coming in for repair under warranty must be packaged in official Ultimaker packaging, per Ultimaker's warranty policy. Ultimaker is not liable for any damage incurred during shipping due to improper packing. You would become responsible for the cost of parts and labor to repair shipping damage. Before any work is done on a damaged printer, you will be consulted about how you wish to proceed.
You will be notified via email when your printer has arrived at our facility. As soon as your machine has been evaluated by a technician, you will receive an update on the condition of your printer. We keep a record of every part that is replaced and every test that is conducted. Once your printer is repaired, we run test prints to ensure that you do not experience any issues with axis movement, heating, or extrusion. We can send photos of the test print(s) at your request. Once you have approved of the quality of your test prints, we will return the machine to you via FedEx Ground properly packed in original packaging to ensure safe delivery. Your printer will not ship back to you until you have confirmed that you are ready to receive it; and it will ship signature required.
If your printer has aged out of warranty or you have issues with modified or after-market parts, you do not qualify for free warranty repairs. Any work that done on your machine is subject to the cost of diagnostics, parts, and labor. Non-warranty repairs are provided by fbrc8 LLC, Ultimaker's assembly and support partner for North America.
- An initial fee of $150 (+ tax) covers the initial analysis, basic tuning, and return shipping via FedEx Ground (within the contiguous United States) for all Ultimaker 2 and Ultimaker 3 series printers.
- For an Ultimaker S5, the initial fee is $210 (+ tax). The initial fee covers the printer and installed cores (two). Each additional core is $50 (+ tax).
- For an Ultimaker S3, the initial fee is $180 (+ tax). The initial fee covers the printer and installed cores (two). Each additional core is $50 (+ tax).
- For an Air Manager, the initial fee is $75 (+ tax).
- If you would like to send in a printhead only (disconnected from the printer), the initial fee is $75 (+ tax).
- Shipping outside the contiguous United States, or international shipping is an additional charge; You will be responsible for any customs duties or import processing fees.
- Additional labor is $100.00 per hour.
- You will also be responsible for the cost of inbound shipping.
- In the event that you do not respond to our requests for information or approval to return your printer for 90 days, or if any NWR repair bill remains unpaid for 90 days, we reserve the right to dispose of your printer, in addition to pursuing collection of any fees owed.
Upon arriving at our facility, your machine will be diagnosed by one of our technicians. This is covered under the initial fee. You will be notified of our findings and the estimated cost of repair and repair parts. Upon your approval, we will commence work on your machine. All machines that have been repaired will be thoroughly tested at our facility, with photos sent to you for approval on print quality if you desire. The initial diagnostic fee and any additional labor or parts costs must be paid in full before the printer can be returned to you. You will receive a tracking number when your printer is shipped back to you. To initiate a non-warranty repair, email Support@fbrc8.com with your printer's serial number, confirmation that you have read and agree to the non-warranty repair terms, and a billing and shipping address for us to use for the repair.