The best way to get assistance is through our support system. At the top right corner of this page, you should see a button that says "Submit a request." All messages received during office hours are answered during that business day. Our office hours are 9am to 5:30pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Clicking this will open a ticket with our team. If you've previously had a ticket open with us before and created an account, you can also choose the Sign In option to go to your account and view your ticket. Alternately, in the bottom right corner of the page, you can open a Live Chat with one of our technicians. Office hours are 9am to 5:30pm Eastern time.
You can also email Support@UltimakerNAsupport.com or call 888 229 9046. If we miss your call, please leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and a brief description of your issue so we can call you back.
When you submit a ticket, there are some things our technicians are going to ask. These questions help us clarify the status of your machine and identify any potential causes for your issue. Providing the following information when you submit your ticket will eliminate some of the preliminary back-and-forth so that we can get your machine up and running faster.
- Your Name
- Model Printer you have
- Serial Number (located on underside of printer, or on the back panel; if your serial number sticker is silver, please note that the serial number is the long alphanumeric code under the barcode starting with UM or BPP, not the 4 digit number below the words "serial number")
- How long have you had your printer?
- What version of the firmware are you running? (UM2 series: Maintenance-> Advanced-> Version); (UM3 series: System -> Maintenance -> About This Printer)
- What kind of material are you using?
- What brand of material are you using?
- Have you recently replaced any parts or disassembled any part of the machine?
- Are you printing via SD card (UMO/UM2), via USB stick (UM3), over wifi/LAN in Cura (UM3), or using another method?
- Are you using Cura as your slicer, or another slicer program?
- What problem/concern are you having with your printer? Please be specific. If applicable, please include photos. Often, seeing the problems you're experiencing gives us the best information for helping to resolve any issues you're experiencing quickly.
Don't worry if you don't have all of this information on hand. Do the best you can, and we'll work from there.
Subject: Error message-help
- Ultimaker 2+
- 6 months
- Replaced the Bowden tube
- Printing from the SD card
- Slicing in Cura
- There's a 'Temp Sensor Error' message when I go to print.